First of all, it’s not a face mask. Being strong and independent woman is a mask of the soul. Behind this mask hides:
- A girl who is tired of being strong all the time; tired of being stronger than everyone. She is exhausted.
- A girl who is tired of wearing a macho face every day. She needs to be treated as a woman by the right man. The man she chooses and expects to explore her feminine side with him and with him only.
- A girl who needs someone to take care of her. She is a human being at the end, and she is tired of taking care of everyone and everything.
- A girl who wants someone to get things done for her. Yes, a strong independent woman needs someone to take her car to the service appointment, take her to the doctor, do her laundry, and make appointments at the saloon.
- A mature girl who is driven by high sense of responsibility and loyalty.
- A girl who also needs a break from responsibility and work for a change. She wants to be pampered with delicacy.
- A girl who needs to learn that it’s okay to be bored and sick and frustrated.
- A girl who needs to be assured that it is okay when plans don’t go as planned. Things change and one should always be able to adapt.
- A girl who need a true gentleman to embrace her but not suffocate her dreams. A girl who wonders: is it really hard to find someone who understands that her success doesn’t have to overshadow his?
- A girl who needs encouragement as much as she gives it. She definitely needs a lover to push her towards success. She seeks a lover who truly believes in her abilities and her goals.
- A very fragile girl who needs shelter. She’s looking for a backbone that supports her during harsh times. She is seeking a comfort zone where she is not shy to speak out her fears.
- A girl who is demanding the society to acknowledge her achievements rather than accusing her for being different.
- A girl who is so determined to add something to the world, and refuses to fit into typical boring frames assigned to women by the society.
- A girl who deserves appreciation for standing out for her right to live life as a full complete human being and not a half human being.
- A girl who is seeking society affirmation of her achievements. A strong independent woman needs to feel that her efforts to give meaning to her life and the lives of others around her are being recognized.
- A girl who is trying to prove that she deserves to be treated equally with the man. She has the same qualities and capabilities of a man, and her accomplishments support her case.
At the end, you should know by now that behind every rigid strong independent woman is a passionately beating heart. A strong woman can have a heart that is full of love and wants to live life to the fullest with the right companion. So please, can you give her a space?
To All the People Who Left, I Forgive you
To the people who promised never to leave, but did anyway, I forgive you. I can say so now, because I have finally reached the conclusion that it wasn’t my fault but merely your choice. And who am I to stand against this, yes, I might be the daughter, the best friend, the girlfriend, but I still have no say when it comes to this, when your choice is leaving, mine must be to let go.
I didn’t fully recover, I simply coped with your absence. I kept on coping, till I no longer think of you when I’m upset and in need for someone to talk to. I learned to shift my needs towards my own self, I soothe my own soul and I tell myself to not give up to the pain.
I miss hearing it from you though, I miss the security that girls often feel from their fathers, the care they get from their partners and the joy that a best friend gives, but I taught myself that I can live without feeling those emotions.
I would also like to thank you, because even though your absence should have toughened my heart, it actually made it softer. I now have a soft spot for those who suffer alone and in silence. I have learned from your own mistakes and now I know how to deal with a scarred heart.
Your absence surely left a void, one that can hardly be contained by the presence of anyone else. But I’m learning that when someone tries to fill your shoes, I should let them. It won’t be the same, but it is worth the try.
So to the father who left, I know you must be hurting too, but don’t. Because you eventually raised a strong kid.
To the best friend who left, no one can possibly replace you, but one who would never leave, is a worthier one.
And to the partner who left, it’s hard to walk this journey of life alone, but it surely ain’t impossible.
7 Egyptians Young Achievers Make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 List
The Middle East is witnessing a rise in young achievers who are making noticeable advancements in different fields such as science, sports, arts, and more. And Egyptians are no exception, with our regional youth giving us utter pride with their achievements that are recognized both regionally and globally.
Forbes list of 30 under 30 is shedding the light on those pushing boundaries to reach their dreams; by ranking some of those young achievers and capturing their essence.
The Middle East’s 30 under 30 were all under the age of 30 as of February 1, 2019 and some may not be current residents in their home countries, but their achievements surely are speaking for their Arab Heritage. From world champions to CEOs leading high-growth businesses, here are the 7 Egyptians who made it to the list and are honoring the legacy of Egypt.
In the Art&Style category, the two sisters Aya & Mounaz Abdel Raouf, founders of Okhtein, made it to the top of the list, for their globally known brand that offers exceptional pieces for statement bags.
Does this even need a caption? The name speaks of achievements and it just makes absolute sense for him to be featured.
In the sports category is the Champion Nour El Sherbini who also made it to this category, the young athlete has already been making us proud with her being the current world champion in women’s squash, who took the World Squash Championship title for the third time this year. She was already making headlines after being crowned champion of the 2019 J.P. Morgan Tournament of Champions, that was held in New York City last January.
It looks like Egyptians are dominating the category for sports, with Current World Champion and Current World number 1 for squash Mohamed El Shorbagy also making it to the list.
"Why not email one of the best chef's in the world? Maybe he'll reply."
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) November 27, 2018
In the food&drink category, co-founder of Spyce restaurant, the first of its kind to have a robotic kitchen that cooks complex meals to order. Just last month, the restaurant has also made it to Boston’s 50 startups for the year 2019.
The restaurant is however, located in Washington and isn’t based on Egypt.
— Spyce (@spycefoodco) February 5, 2019
Omar Gabr and Moataz Soliman, founders of Instabug, make it to the category of technology. Their company is based in Egypt, and it helps mobile developers build better apps.
Last but not least, in the Education category, Naguib Sawiris made it to the list with his game-changer website Yup. A 24/7 service that provides math tutors right to the users’ smartphones. And now Stanford-grad Sawiris has brought Yup’s service to 730,000 students and still counting.
We would like to congratulate each and every individual who has made it to this prestigious list, and to each Egyptian who is giving us pride in belonging to a country with such diversity in talents.
The Kissing Booth 2 is happening!
Netflix just dropped the nicest valentine’s gift that everyone has been waiting for since forever; as they have finally confirmed that The kissing Booth 2 is happening!
The news follows the announcement that Netflix’s other teen loved movie, ‘To All The Boys I’ve ever Loved Before’, is ALSO getting a sequel, and fans are going nuts.
According to some recent press release, the movie is currently under production phase, and filming will start up soon.
Co-star, Joel Courtney, made the announcement yesterday, through his twitter account.
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!
The Kissing Booth #2 announcement!
— Joel Courtney (@Joel_Courtney) February 14, 2019
King also tweeted out the promo video, with the caption: “YUP!!! WE’RE GETTING A SEQUEL!”
— Joey King (@JoeyKing) February 14, 2019
If you’re not on your tip toes by now, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? The movie is a Netflix hit, and basically the new ’10 things I hate about you’ of this generation.
The movie was also the most re-watched on the streaming site of 2018.
Release date is expected to be in 2020.
Mike Tayson and Amr Saad in Preparations of ‘Hamlet Pharon’
Gettin’ Ready For Mohamed Ramadan’s Very First Concert
Capernaum: A Must Watch Movie Now in Cinemas
Uber Plans to buy its rival company in the Middle East ‘Careem’
To All the People Who Left, I Forgive you
Nike Strikes Again With a New Inspiring Commercial
Lady Gaga Makes History with Her Oscar Win
Things You Shouldn’t Apologize For
Oscars Show 2019 Recap: Highlighting the Best Moments
Rami Malek Wins Best Actor Oscar for his Role in Bohemian Rhapsody
Mother’s day: Home workouts for the mommies
May Yacoubi: Cooking up the perfect bond with her daughter
The captivating power of the Tunisian beauty Hend Sabry
The man of law, Tarek Gamil
A fierce competition and a hard call to make!
Our Own ‘Okhtein’ Makes it to the Top of Forbes 30 Under 30 List
Forbes Middle East just unveiled their list of 30 under 30, and the results are giving us utter pride with...
Celebrities Turn Heads at The Oscars in Middle Eastern Designs
The 2019 Oscars leaves us stunned, as per usual, with celebrities looking fabulous on the red carpet. And this time,...
Karl Lagerfeld, Iconic Chanel Designer dies at 85
Yesterday the fashion world has lost one of the remarkable figures in the industry, Karl Lagerfeld, the iconic German Designer...
Mary Katrantzou: Top 5 Red Carpet Celebrities in 2018
The year of 2018 was full of red carpet events in hollywood and all around the globe! And we still...