A second wave of the coronavirus is expected to hit and here’s how Egypt is preparing to face it!
Egypt’s Health Minister Hala Zayed said that if the wave does hit, Egypt will not force another lockdown and that it is preparing to face the second wave.
Egypt’s Health Minister Hala Zayed told the 67th session of the World Health Organization Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean on Tuesday, that Egypt has learned from the first wave not to resort to the strategy of shutting down completely or even partially.
“This is the lesson we learned from the first wave; that countries should not resort to this strategy the way they did during the first wave, but should rather respond to surges in cases within localised [population] clusters,” Zayed said.
“However, all [precautionary] health measures will remain in place in the upcoming wperiod,” Zayed assured.
The minister also added that 2,300 persons have volunteered to undergo clinical trials in Egypt so far, and that 1,770 people have been subjected to full research.
The vaccine will be prepared at Factory 60 at VACSERA, the minister added.
Minister Hala Zayed also assured us that a number of 600 hospitals across the country are fully prepared to deal with any possible or sudden rise in number of cases.
During a press conference held in coordination with WHO, Zayed said: “we developed 45 fever and chest hospitals, and the development process of the remaining hospitals is underway.”
On an individual level, we must as well be prepared for a second wave and take precautionary levels to keep the number of cases at bay.