What’s growing up been like for you? Has it been a walk in the park (I highly doubt it) or a punch in the face? A bolt from the blue? A kick down the ladder? God, I feel like I can go on forever! I bet it has been the latter three, hasn’t it? This one is about the actual epiphanies that strike you in the process, the real realizations, the important revelations.
1. Growing up is realizing that you’re not ready for life, admitting to yourself that you can be cruel, too and that you’re capable of hurting people.
2. It’s looking back and finding a trail of people that you’ve left behind, some you’ll never be able to run to again
3. Growing up is understanding that you can’t scream “Mother!” Every time something goes wrong, and realizing that she, too, is a person with problems and issues that made her who she is and that maybe, just maybe for once seeing that she, too, needs help.
4. Growing up is failing over and over again until who knows when this train will stop and maybe you’ll one day get to see yourself in a better place, in a better state.
5. Growing up is anxiety, depression and a long wave of panic attacks followed by a brief period of normal breathing until the three hit again.
6. Growing up is trying hard to win that Oscar award for best actor/actress because God only knows how many times you’ve put a smile on your face when all you wanted to do was punch a wall until your arm went numb.
7. Growing up is understanding the true meaning of doubt, if you don’t doubt yourself, if you don’t doubt your abilities, if you don’t secretly see yourself as an imposter every time someone even suggests that you’re good at something, then you’re messed up.
8. Growing up is forgiving those you couldn’t hurt back at the time and those who wronged you.
9. Growing up is letting go, letting go of a past that once upon a time meant everything to you and held you back for God knows how long.
10. Growing up is admitting that you’re human; with weaknesses, vulnerabilities and a tremendous
amount of fuck ups.
11. Growing up is realizing the necessity of the process of elimination; eliminating toxic people, eliminating bad influences, eliminating uncomfortable vibes.
12. Growing up is experiencing the long awaited epiphany that is the idea that you should never sacrifice your comfortableness for someone else’s happiness.
13. Growing up is cutting the last thread that’s been trying to pull you back in for so long, be it a dying relationship or an abusive friendship.
14. Growing up is realizing that you shouldn’t apologize for the things you want. That you don’t owe people explanations for your every step and every decision.
15. Growing up is surrounding yourself with fences, brick walls, iron shields and every single form of protection you can think of until you realize that the only person you’re bullshitting is yourself.
So, stop being too damn hard on yourself. We’re all still growing up.
Egypt’s Coptic Orthodox Church Suspends Services for One Month
Egypt’s Coptic Orthodox churches have announced the suspension of masses and other services in both Cairo and Alexandria as of Monday and the suspension will last for a month.
The suspension comes in light of the rising numbers of Covid-19 cases among clergymen and churchgoers.
The Coptic Orthodox Church on Saturday released an official statement that says the suspension includes Sunday’s schools, meetings, services and masses, and that priests in each church are allowed one mass weekly with a minimal presence and a maximum of five deacons only.
As for funeral services, they’re allowed to be held but with the participation of only one priest and one deacon and of course the family of the deceased. However, the halls that are designated for mourning services will be closed until the improvement of current conditions.
For Baptism services, the maximum number allowed are four member of the baby’s family.
The statement added that study at institutes and educational centres will carry on but with a reduced maximum of 25%.
As for the dioceses, each bishop get to decide what is most suitable to the health situation in his diocese, in partnership with the congregation of priests.
We urge all worshipers to remain safe and adhere to all the precautionary measures needed.
The Oscars Will Be Held In-Person Telecast and Not Virtually
According to a report from Variety, the Oscars 2021 will be held in-person telecast and not virtually!
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has pushed the 73rd Academy Awards ceremony to the 15th of April next year, because by spring the theaters would be open again; allowing more movies to compete in the awards.
“The Oscars in-person telecast will happen,” Variety said on Tuesday, quoting a representative from the Academy.
“The Academy has done a walkthrough of the Dolby recently to see all the multiple options,” the report added, citing an awards publicist familiar with the situation.
The academy will of course be forced to cut down the number of attendees.
Catch The Arab Premiere For Short Movie Henet Ward During Cairo Film Festival
Egypt’s short movie ‘Henet Ward’ will have its MENA premiere at Cairo Film Festival, where it will compete with other movies.
The movie has participated in more than 95 international festivals around the world in (50 different countries) including 20 festivals that qualify for the Oscar and BAFTA and the film has won 12 international awards since its world premiere in the official competition of the “Clermont Ferrand International Festival” in France.
The movie is directed by Murad Mostafa and will be competing in the Cairo Film Festival.
Henet Ward tackles the life of “Halima”, a Sudanese henna painter living in Egypt. She goes to one of Giza’s local areas to prepare a bride for her wedding and her 7 years old daughter “Ward” accompanies her and starts to wander around and discover the place.
The movie also stars Emad Goniem, Halima, and Hagar Mahmoud, among others.
The following are the screening times for the movie:
Sunday December 6th | 3:30 PM | Hanager cinema hall in the Egyptian Opera House
Monday, December 7th | 1:00 PM | Odeon 2 cinema downtown
Share with us what you think of the movie when you catch the premiere!
Polaris by KVRD in Collaboration with Syncrotek Holding Introduce MITA to the Middle East
Mansour Group Invests in a €100m Football Partnership
Mohamed Metwally: The Creator of Nogal Furniture and Its Unique Pieces
Allianz Begins Eight-Year Worldwide Olympic & Paralympic Partnership
Moderna Vaccine Receives Emergency Use Authorization
An Inspirational Talk with The Smile Ambassador Dr Ahmed Al Kaffas
Biota: The Safe Haven You longed for it to Reopen
Mother’s day: Home workouts for the mommies
May Yacoubi: Cooking up the perfect bond with her daughter
The captivating power of the Tunisian beauty Hend Sabry
The Best Black Friday Deals & Offers That You Shouldn’t Miss Out On
Our favorite sale time of the year has come with so many offers and discounts that can not be missed!...
Where to Shop Massive Sale & Offers Online!
You don’t have to wait for Black Friday to shop because there are already some insane discounts to satisfy the...
#StandWithCreatives Goes Viral To Support Artists Affected By the Pandemic
The hashtag #StandWithCreatives has been going viral among celebrities, public figures and creatives, it is one for a good cause...
Ralph Lauren Donates $10 Million for Coronavirus Cases
Throughout the beginning of the Coronavirus, many industries had suffered greatly. For instance, the Tourism industry had suffered tremendously due...