Footballs fans all over social media have been posting and tweeting about the recent drama between the international Egyptian football player and the Egyptian Football Association; so, here’s a simple explanation to what has been going between the two parties:
– The popularity of Mohamed Salah led him to be a “brand”, the biggest companies and names all over the world are racing to get him represent them in different media outlets, let it be TV ads, social media ads, banners, etc.
– Using the image of the exceptional player without his consent or contracts can put him under a great deal of pressure and legal troubles.
– The Egyptian Football Association let “WE”, one of the EFA sponsors to use Mohamed Salah image next “WE” logo on the national team plane; however, Mo Salah has a contract with “Vodafone”, that is considered a legit competitor.
– Mo Salah could have faced legal troubles with 100 million Egyptian pounds fine to be paid for “Vodafone” if his image was ever used by a competitor or any other company that Mo isn’t signed with.
– Later on, after trials from Ramy Abbas Issam, Mohamed Salah’s lawyer, to sort this serious matter out; Salah expressed on his official Twitter account his devastation over the treatment they have received.
– Mo fans showed support all over social media with the trending hashtag #ادعم_محمد_صلاح
– Later on, EFA declared that they will work on solving this matter
– The legendary Salah thanked his fans on his Twitter account for all the support they have showed