Top five things men mostly hate about Egyptian women.
Well I was accused of being against men all the way. So, in order to show some kind of empathy towards men, I thought of giving them a chance to speak up. I asked an innocent question –as usual- on my facebook page: What do you hate most about Egyptian Women? I got some really creative answers, but the following five things were the most common:
1. Grumpy: “NeKadeyya” as a traditional Egyptian woman she is the essence of grumpiness. She knows the” how to” of destroying every cheerful occasion and turns it into a melodrama film. Inside every Egyptian woman lives a little “Amina Rezk” (a former tragedy legend actress). Starting a fight for her is more of a hobby than a mere incident of life.
2. Nagging: “ Zannana” I really don’t know why we- Egyptian women – would be accused of such thing like nagging. If things were done, when we ask for it, we wouldn’t nag. If you come on time, she wouldn’t call you every five seconds to check when you are coming! If you take out the trash every night, she wouldn’t nag about it. As simple as that, one plus one equals two, no?
3. Talkative: “ra’3aya” an everlasting live radio station in your life. An Egyptian woman translates her love and care for you into nonstop talking. After being together for some time – varies from one guy to another- the Egyptian man turns into the God of Slinece. Therefore, the Egyptian woman took the responsibility to fill this silence with stories of her family, neighbors, the concierge and his wife, more drama from the story of her girl friend who’s getting a divorce, or the other one who has given birth to a triplet. If you want more horror there’s always the nails and the hair never ending terrifying stories. Looking at the length of this paragraph, I guess somehow she’s really talkative!
4. Stubborn:”El 3end Yewalled El Kofr” this is actually more of an advice. Dear Egyptian woman please be informed that all Egyptian men are seeking this kind of a partner. The Egyptian man wants a woman who he can discuss everything with, but at the end, the final word is his.
5. Mistrustful: “ShaKKaKa” The Egyptian woman is classified more dangerous than a CIA, KGB, SIS, and Mossad agent, according to my Facebook male followers. She has developed a strong sixth sense that allows her to see through things and see through the future as well; She can predict if her man’ will have an affair before he himself thinks about it. She beats a German Shepherd’s sense of smelling. Her hands are lighter than David Copperfield. Her deep grounded belief that men are born cheaters motivates her to become the ultra, infra, mega, full scanning machine. Her ultimate daily goal is to scan and test everything related to her man, just to make sure he’s not fooling around “Mesh Beyl3ab Be Delo!”
Well, ladies, I was only showing the masculine point of view. If you don’t agree with it, then you have to work on reputation worldwide.
Grey’s Anatomy: The Valuable Life Lessons of the Show
The doctors of Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital are up for more shifts, as ABC announced the renewal of Grey’s Anatomy for two more seasons, which means the show will run for at least through its 17th season!
This makes the show the longest running medical drama of all time.
The TV series is certainly one of the best dramas to follow, not only is it entertaining, but the issues tackled in the episodes from racism to sexism and violence, are what make the show a high rated one.
Now, if you aren’t into Grey’s Anatomy, here are the life lessons that I, personally, learned from the show. Ones that will get you encouraged to watch the series, and if you’re a fan already, then you will cherish the following:
1- You are the sun, and no one should steal your shine.
It doesn’t matter how much you love someone, you should always set your priorities straight. Don’t let anyone’s wants eclipse your dreams, because you are the sun and you make your own needs come true.
2- No one will ever love you as much as your parents.
The people who raised you will always have the most love for you. And even if your relationship with one of them is unstable, find it in your heart to forgive them.
3- If you love someone, tell them, no matter what.
I’ll just leave Mark Sloan’s quote in here, “If you love someone, you tell them. Even if you’re scared that it’s not the right thing. Even if you’re scared that it’ll cause problems. Even if you’re scared that it will burn your life to the ground, you say it, and you say it loud and you go from there. ”
4- It’s okay to be dark and twisty at times.
Meredith Grey taught us that it’s okay to have dark thoughts at times, to feel vulnerable and weak. It doesn’t matter if you have someone by your side, to always grab you when you are at your lowest. To remind you of the things in you, that are worthy of love. The relationship between Meredith and Derek, is quite the example for two people loving each other unconditionally, despite one’s flaws.
5- You fight for the one you love.
Even when it’s against all odds, and against all the expectations. If you love someone, you fight for them. It may seem like the impossible, but you have got to show them that you care and that no burden, no matter how huge, can stand in your way. Again, look at Meredith and Derek and how they fought for each other across the years.
6- No running from relationships.
For that, I will leave the vows that Meredith and Derek promised each other, on their post it marriage. And remember, love each other even when you hate each other.
7. Sometimes, horrible people deserve forgiveness.
You always have to think of one’s actions from their place, no one is born obnoxious. I believe it is an acquired attitude from the things they have been through in life. If those people are met with compassion, they can change. Just look at Alex Karev, and how love and friendship changed his personality entirely.
The life lessons are countless, and the issues that the show discusses will leave you stunned. My advice is to binge watch the show, that will certainly change your perspective on A LOT.
When it is You Who Sometimes Hold Yourself Back
How does one hold their own self back? simple, you overthink, you over-analyze and you doubt yourself. You doubt it so hard that it starts to listen to you, and I for one, am a victim of my own self.
It started a long while ago, but the effects of it wasn’t that apparent. It wasn’t until I started working that I have realized what my own mind is doing to me.
When I was in college, I doubted my capabilities, and never thought that I was smart enough to do better. Always considered myself, as a regular. A regular student, and a regular person. And that caused me to fail behind, big time.
Now that I graduated and working, the doubts are more, even if I get praised for work, I still consider my work as ‘not enough’. And that is causing me to breakdown every once in a while. I overthink every detail, and now it’s not only affecting my work, but also my relationships with the ones I love dearly.
It is all in my head, I now know that quite well, the trick though, is not only to recognize this, but to fight it!
Fight the thoughts in your head that tell you ‘you’re incapable’, fight them with all your might and find the strength to think positively and highly about yourself.
One thing I also started doing, and is helping me a lot, is keeping an agenda with me everyday, documenting all the things that I have done; thus keeping track of my performance.
I remind myself everyday that I’m smarter than I think, and I am doing better than I believe.
Overthinking isn’t only holding you back, but it is also causing a mental toll that you are too young to bear. Learning to refute it is the key, also having someone supportive to remind you what a good person you are, is important.
It is that kind of support and encouragement that got me through senior year, and is helping me excel at work despite my dark thoughts.
I pray everyday for my mind to go easy on me, and I certainly wish the same for all the troubles minds out-there…
On love, Conditions, Obstacles and Irrationality
Do we fall instantly in love? No, because that wouldn’t be real, we can get a crush on someone and by time, that crush develops. But can we stop it? That click you get at the sight of that one person, is it stoppable?
I believe not. Because once you click, there’s no going back.
Let me count with you the many clicks that happen in reaction to that person’s most little actions, they laugh, click. They smile, click. They blush, click. The tease you, click. They make you laugh, click, click. They make you cry, cl..ick, click. They mess with their hair, click. They mess with yours, click.
Let me put some math in there to make this article sounds smart, the amount of clicks you get per day is directly proportional to the time you’ll fall in love, in other words, the more the clicks are, the faster you’ll fall in love.
This is love, and below are the conditions:
You’re not to click with your best friend’s ex, because this is the rule, you can’t fall in love with your friend’s ex, but what if that one person is the one you’re meant to be with, what if that person brings you happiness and ultimate joy, peace and serenity, what if that person is the one? And you never got to find out because girl code. Guess you just have to deal with it, right?
They said your ex had become an ex for a reason, true, what if it was bad timing? What if it was immaturity? What if now is a good time and we’re mature? Guess you won’t find out because ‘integrity’ and ‘dignity’ shall stop you.
Your complete opposite
That person that everyone tells you is not right for you, who’s different in almost everything and does things the opposite way, you fight a lot and people speak about how you two could never end up together and you start believing them, after all it’s what everyone says, except for your heart who thinks the complete opposite. But who listens to their heart anymore?
The irrationality is in clicking with someone from the first place and you know isn’t just right, clicking with someone who goes against the rules, how could you allow your heart to sink so deep? How did you allow your mind to drift to places to where that person is? How can you stop loving someone when all what you do is think of him? Why think of him? How could you?
Silly, isn’t it? To ask someone to stop clicking, to set boundaries to the one thing in life that happens spontaneously, the one thing that has the power to get you off your feet and up in the air, but then comes these boundaries and get hold of your feet, and bring you down to your knees. Because conditions, because rationality.
The Google Block Won’t Really Affect Current Huawei Users
All You Need To Know About the Mandatory Fan ID For African Nations Cup
Killer Game of Thrones Mistakes That Can’t Be Left Unnoticed
Minister of Tourism Al-Mashat Escorts South African tourists to the Pyramids
Tazkarty: A New App To Launch For Booking African Nations Cup Tickets
Khloe Kardashian Appears in a $6,500 Outfit By A Kuwaiti Designer
On family and work, Bassel Khayyat opens up to WhatsupCairo
Rami Malek Is Returning As the Next Bond Villain
6 Ways You Can Stay Fit During Work
Top Viewed Arab Artists’ Channels on YouTube
Mother’s day: Home workouts for the mommies
May Yacoubi: Cooking up the perfect bond with her daughter
The captivating power of the Tunisian beauty Hend Sabry
The man of law, Tarek Gamil
A fierce competition and a hard call to make!
The Best Dressed List From Cannes Film Festival 2019
The lavish week of red carpet premieres has begun, as Cannes Film Festival kicked off in France with Hollywood’s biggest...
Gigi Hadid Stars in Burberry’s Latest TB Monogram Campaign
The British fashion house Burberry released their latest campaign ‘TB Monogram‘ starring Gigi Hadid, which is a first for the...
The Eye Catching Beauty Looks of the Met Gala
This year’s thematic pink carpet matching with the “Camp: Notes on Fashion” dress code meant an extra glam, and not...
The Best and Most Daring Looks of 2019’s Met Gala
Awards season is the time when we enjoy the daring and glamorous styles of celebrities, but nothing really tops the...