Connect with us

Now

Egypt to Start Ventilator Production for COVID-19

Published

on

Ventilators

With the Coronavirus increasing and getting a bit out of hand, we are happy to share that President Abd el Fattah el Sisi has ordered the Egyptian government to manufacture ventilators for the people facing trouble with Covid-19.

Since the world is facing major shortage during this intense war with the novel virus, this is a great idea as well as one step closer to keeping our citizens safe.

Prime Minister Mostafa el Madbouly had announced that all facilities will be provided regarding the shortages we have for the coronavirus. He also stated that Egyptian factories will start building and creating supplies that will help aid people amidst the outbreak.

Many countries worldwide have been suffering from a shortage of supplies that are needed in this battle, specifically ventilators. As we know, one of the coronavirus symptom is shortage or difficulty of breathing which is why this is a promising start for the Egyptian community.

For instance, Italy being one of the countries where the virus has gone out of control, is one of the many places that have a major shortage in ventilators. Unfortunately, their hospitals are not as equipped as we were hoping them to be.

The situation is bad to the extent that hospitals were using scuba diving masks rather than ventilators since they are short on these machines. With this massacre going on, several countries are following Egypt’s footsteps in trying to commence producing ventilators. The European Union is currently conducting a plan to do so.

“During a meeting with Minister of Industry Nevin Gamei and Head of the Federation of Egyptian Industries (FEI) Mohamed al-Siwidy on Saturday, Prime Minister Moustafa Madbouli said that President Sisi ordered manufacturing the ventilators and providing the Egyptian factories with the supplies they need to prevent importations amid the current coronavirus crisis,” Younis told “Al-Hikaya” talk show on MBC channel.

Younis added that the government asserted that all facilities will be provided concerning this matter.

The Cabinet issued a decree to exclude the workers of pharmaceutical and food factories from the partial 14-day curfew that has been imposed since March 24, 2020. These people specifically were excluded in order to help manufacture ventilators as quickly as possible.

It has been confirmed Saturday by the Egyptian Ministry of Health that 40 new cases of the Coronavirus have been confirmed, one of the patients know to be a Jordanian citizen. So far, the number of patients that have been confirmed positive has reached 576. As for the death toll, 36 people have passed away due to this virus.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Now

Results From First Human Trial Raise Hopes For a Vaccine Against COVID-19

Published

on

By

A glimmer of hope sparked following the first results from human trials of a vaccine against the novel Coronavirus, after US firm’s study saw positive results in a group of eight volunteers.

The hopeful results showed that each one of the volunteers produced an antibody response on a par with that seen in people who have had the disease.

Even though the results from this first-stage trial doesn’t necessarily mean that the treatment will work, it is a sign of a breakthrough in a battle that shall hopefully come to an end soon.

This US study is run by the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, it showed that all eight volunteers made neutralizing antibodies which were tested in human cells in the lab and stopped the virus from replicating.

The higher the vaccine dose, the more antibodies the volunteer produced.

This isn’t the first trial for a vaccine that should give you hope, as the US National Institutes of Health Moderna is also planning to start a mid-stage study soon and then begin a late-stage trial in July.

The company also hopes to have the vaccine ready by fall for emergency cases, a timeline with no precedent in the history of vaccine development.

Continue Reading

Now

Why It’s A Bad Idea to Postpone the Olympics to 2022

Published

on

Olympics 2020

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, it has been the safest option to end up cancelling or even delaying worldwide events that were said to take place this 2020. We were told to practice and maintain social distancing as well as safety precautions in hopes of remaining safe from the novel virus.

One of the most important events that people were hoping to attend and watch live on TV is the “Olympics”. This 2020, the Olympics was going to take place in Tokyo this year since every year the Olympics is situated in a certain country. But now since the coronavirus pandemic has gone viral, it was best to momentarily postpone the event.

Since the virus sparked, it was decided that the Olympics will be postponed until July 2021 which is around a year from now. Today though, discussions are arising claiming that it is impossible and that they cannot delay the Olympics more than they already have.

The President of Tokyo, Yoshiro Mori, states that they won’t be able to postpone the games even more than they already have. Yes Shinzo Abe, the Prime Minister, stated that it is best to start considering a two year postponement but he has officially decided that one year is the latest they could postpone the event.

According to specialists, it is said that the Coronavirus is to last at least another two years depending on each country and the situation of the virus then. Also, famous researchers are fearing that this is the Spanish Flu all over again.  If you guys are familiar with what happened back then, you would remember that the Spanish Flu lasted around two years.

In our opinion, the safest option is to keep cautious and maintain social distancing as well as precautionary measures for the next two years to be fully sure that we have beat the war against the COVID-19. Unless we’re lucky and someone finds an ultimate cure or antiviral, its best to be safe rather than sorry.

Unfortunately the Japanese organizers are under heavy pressure from both sports associations and athletes due to the year-long postponement, so imagine having to tell them that they’ve decided to postpone it for yet another extra year than what they have previously agreed upon.

“Also thinking about athletes and issues over Games management, it is technically difficult to delay it by two years,” Mori was quoted as saying.

A well informed professor refuted saying: “To be honest with you, I don’t think the Olympics is likely to be held next year,” said Kentaro Iwata, a professor of infectious diseases at Kobe University.

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see how this all plays out but for the time being let us remain optimistic.

 

Continue Reading

Now

“Create Hope” Initiative to Save Lives

Published

on

Create Hope

In light of the Coronavirus that has struck us all pretty hard, many pioneers and ordinary people have been coming up with cool and creative ideas to keep us entertained. Not just that, but many people have been contributing to those who are greatly in need of help in desperate rough times like now.

Many Egyptian initiatives as well as many iconic people have donated millions in hopes of keeping people safe from the COVID-19 pandemic because unfortunately there are those who are incapable of keeping themselves or their family safe from what is going on. Besides, we need all the help we can get!

Which is why, we found it quite interesting that Egyptian well known singer, Malak el Husseiny, is collaborating with stylist Yasmine Kenawi to team up with “Radical Contemporary” to commence launching a completely new initiative that will help allow the whole creative industry to help the less fortunate in Egypt during the war against this dangerous pandemic.

What’s new and different about this initiative is that rather than sending these donations towards medical institutions just like any other, they have decided to support the underprivileged families who are suffering as well as help them to avoid the contagion as best and safely as possible.

This new initiative is titled “Create Hope”. With the help of “Misr el Kheir” ,the whole team is working on creating a realistic timeline as well as set up a donation page where all can contribute to. Their goal is to reach 25,000 Egyptian pounds as well as to provide at least 30 families with the hygienic products and food that will help them live better. This is crucially needed, especially since the Holy Month of Ramadan is to commence tomorrow.

So far, the group managed to gather have the donation amount over the time span of only two days, what a success! They may increase the number of donations needed if they keep progressing in this manner.

“We saw that people were hoarding products and that makes it more difficult for a lot of people to access supplies they need,” said the founder of Radical, Nour Hassan.

Continue Reading
Event calender
Cinema calender

Cinema calender

Facebook

Fashion

Categories

Top Posts

Trending

X