Summer is finally here and I’ll be damned if I say I’m not excited to leave Cairo, tan, wakeup by the sea and just enjoy the hell out of the season! But in order to have the best summer experience, I never walk around without my backpack/Tote bag packed with my summer necessities and by necessities, I mean gadgets that your friends, skin and body will crown you as the summer Queen/King for. So, let’s ace this summer, shall we?
I cannot stress this point enough! It doesn’t matter if you’re dark skinned, or if you believe that you never get sunburned; sunscreen shouldn’t be a choice during summertime, it should be a rule. Sunscreen helps limit excessive UV (ultraviolet rays) exposure, which helps reduce the risk of getting skin cancer. This is how serious the issue is.
2. SPF lip balm
People forget to protect their lips, but skin cancer in this area can be particularly dangerous, which is why everyone should use lip balm with SPF. Do not underestimate the damaging power of UV rays.
3. Water Bottle
We all love our malibus and mojitos but it’s important to stay hydrated. Normal plastic bottles are so outdated and can easily get mixed up with someone else’s water bottle. So, instead buy yourself a cool looking water bottle that’ll always remind you to hydrate.
4. Coconut Oil
Why coconut oil? Coconut oil can be used on your hair to keep it moisturized and shiny, on your skin to keep it hydrated and glowing, on your face as a non-greasy moisturizer, around your eyes as a wrinkle remover, as natural makeup remover, as a homemade tooth paste when mixed with baking soda, as lip balm and as natural deodorant. Yes, child, coconut oil is indeed miraculous.
5. Mini Speakers
So that when the main speakers’ battery’s dead, your heroic ass saves the day by pulling your mini speakers out of your bag, plug it in and continue chillin’ without anything killing your vibe. Just remember to always keep it charged.
Summer= sweat, and who wants stinky armpits in the summer? no one! Who wants the cute stranger to walk away in the middle of the conversation to avoid passing out because of how you smell? NO ONE.
Maybe you don’t like shades, maybe you don’t think you look nice in them but sunglasses are so damn important in the summer! They keep you from squinting, which save you from getting wrinkles. Plus, they protect your eyes from harmful sun rays. Just make sure to buy shades that block UV rays and you’re good to go, champ!
Mother’s day: Home workouts for the mommies
Happy Mother’s Day !!
Fit-holics Fitness Club is collaborating with Whatsup cairo to share weekly workout plans for the mommies to enhance their fitness level, strength & endurance and to help them burn calories, and reshape.
Here are 4 simple and effective exercises for the mommies who have no time for training.
1st exercise is ( Shoulder tap )
3 sets .. 15 reps each set.
2nd exercise is ( plank)
3 sets 20 seconds each set.
3rd exercise is ( Bridge)
3 sets 15 reps each set.
4th exercise is ( Chair Squat)
3 sets 15 reps each set.
Mind-Blowing Health Tips
We always hear about tips with regards to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Sleep early, wake up early, exercise…, etc. But there are other tips which may sound like they’re not true—they are. And we have compiled six of them for you!
- Drink coffee before you nap. At first this may sound crazy. Why would I drink coffee if I want to sleep?! The fact is, drinking a cup of coffee before a 20-minute nap will help you become more alert once you wake up, because 20 minutes is roughly the time needed for the effect of coffee to start to kick in.
- Eat more so you can eat less. It sounds crazy! But no! Eating more in the sense of grabbing a nutritious meal/snack instead of a cracker as a snack, because a cracker, for example, would lead you to feel more inclined to eat as it would increase your appetite. Try instead to have an apple along with some peanut butter.
- If you’re too tired, don’t go for Redbull! The idea here is that though Redbull sound like the wises option, it would rather cause unpleasant side effects such as irritability and anxiety, due to its high levels of caffeine.
- If hot, drink hot! It makes sense–wait for it. In India, people are used to drinking a hot beverage during the hot weather, because a cup of tea, for example, would lead a person to produce more sweat, and that sweat eventually evaporates and cools off the body.
- If exhausted, go for a run! The idea here is that exercising energizes your fatigue and reduces depression and changes your mood.
- Don’t type. Write. Though typing your notes would allow for more space and room for huge amount of data, writing them down would actually be a better alternative, because it would lead you to memorize that which you’ve written down.
In Denmark, Everyone Wants To Save The Climate
In an attempt to protect the environment, the country of Denmark has devised a new way with which it can inform the public with impact of consumed goods. Thereby allowing shoppers to be informed prior to making a purchase.
The idea is that food products will have stickers on them that show their environmental impact. This came as a proposal by the government and will establish the project by this week. “We want to give consumers the means to assess in supermarkets the environmental impact of products,” said the Minister for the Environment in Denmark.
This sure is a great idea. It allows for the general public to be informed and conscious about the surrounding environment.
Mike Tayson and Amr Saad in Preparations of ‘Hamlet Pharon’
Gettin’ Ready For Mohamed Ramadan’s Very First Concert
Capernaum: A Must Watch Movie Now in Cinemas
Uber Plans to buy its rival company in the Middle East ‘Careem’
To All the People Who Left, I Forgive you
Nike Strikes Again With a New Inspiring Commercial
Lady Gaga Makes History with Her Oscar Win
Things You Shouldn’t Apologize For
Oscars Show 2019 Recap: Highlighting the Best Moments
Rami Malek Wins Best Actor Oscar for his Role in Bohemian Rhapsody
Mother’s day: Home workouts for the mommies
May Yacoubi: Cooking up the perfect bond with her daughter
The captivating power of the Tunisian beauty Hend Sabry
The man of law, Tarek Gamil
A fierce competition and a hard call to make!
Our Own ‘Okhtein’ Makes it to the Top of Forbes 30 Under 30 List
Forbes Middle East just unveiled their list of 30 under 30, and the results are giving us utter pride with...
Celebrities Turn Heads at The Oscars in Middle Eastern Designs
The 2019 Oscars leaves us stunned, as per usual, with celebrities looking fabulous on the red carpet. And this time,...
Karl Lagerfeld, Iconic Chanel Designer dies at 85
Yesterday the fashion world has lost one of the remarkable figures in the industry, Karl Lagerfeld, the iconic German Designer...
Mary Katrantzou: Top 5 Red Carpet Celebrities in 2018
The year of 2018 was full of red carpet events in hollywood and all around the globe! And we still...